A research group that concentrates its studies on Rheology, a science that studies the deformation and flow of a body that has been subjected to external efforts. Its study is essential in many industries, for it makes it possible to characterise the mechanical behaviour of the material, which in turn makes it likewise possible to recognise the influence that the quantity and the type of components exercise in their viscoelastic response.
- Rheology of colloidal suspensions.
- Rheology and characterisation of ceramic materials.
- Rheological and electrokinetic properties of complex fluids (colloids and polymers).
- Determination of the mechanical behaviour (viscous and elastic components) of foodstuffs, for the quantification of its level of acceptance as a product for consumption. .
- Determination of the influence of the preparation time of the food product (date of expiry) in its rheological response.
- Determination of rheological and electrokinetic properties of ceramic and polymeric materials. Application to the industry of self-compacting concretes.
Main Researcher: FRANCISCO JOSÃ RUBIO HERNÃNDEZ
PAI Reference: FQM231