URBAN VERNACULAR OF MALAGA (V.U.M.) HUM392
This research group produces the oral corpus of the city of Malaga. From its study, a realistic image of the linguistic city is obtained and the patterns of use of the Malaga linguistic variety are compared with the spoken language of other Spanish and Latin American cities (studies of social dialectology, sociophonetic, morphosyntactic, pragmatic variation). Likewise, the urban variation patterns of Malaga are compared with those of different European speaking communities. In addition, studies are carried out on the lexicon available in Malaga with educational applications from sociolinguistic perspectives. In recent years, a pioneering line of research has been generated on studies of lexical centrality whose objective is the construction of community conceptual categories aimed at detec
- Sociolinguistics and sociophonetics.
- Social Network.
- Corpus Linguistics.
- Analysis of speech and conversation.
- Cognitive Processes.
- Terminology. Lexicon resources and linguistic variation.
- Studies of lexical centrality.
- Applications of the available lexicon in the teachings of mother tongue and foreign languages.
- Studies on: Corpus linguistics, dialectal variation, sociolinguistics and communicative difficulties arising from different accesses to culture.
- Analysis of regional dialects and social varieties of Spanish.
- Organisation of conferences and events on the linguistic variations throughout Europe.
- Advising on dubbing and subtitling in the film industry.
Key areassocial studies pedagogy education
Main Researcher: ANTONIO MANUEL ?VILA MU?OZ
PAI Reference: HUM392