URBAN VERNACULAR OF MALAGA (V.U.M.)
This research group collects the spoken corpus of the town of Malaga, in order to compare it to the oral language of other Spanish and Latin American cities. In addition, the 14 researchers that make up this group have conducted studies of the lexicon used in Malaga. This is done, in order to address the shortcomings of the vocabulary and try to improve it during the first educational stages.
- Social Network.
- Corpus Linguistics.
- Quantitative analysis.
- Analysis of speech and conversation.
- Cognitive Processes.
- Lexicon resources.
- Linguistic variation.
- Applications of the available lexicon in the teachings of mother tongue and foreign languages.
- Studies on: -Corpus linguistics. -Dialectal variation. -Sociolinguistics. -Communicative difficulties arising from different accesses to culture.
- Analysis of regional dialects and social varieties of Spanish.
- Organisation of conferences and events on the linguistic variations throughout Europe.
- Advising on dubbing and subtitling in the film industry.
Keywordsstudies social education
Main Researcher: JUAN ANDRES VILLENA PONSODA
PAI Reference: HUM392